Applications and all supporting documents must be received by December 15th.
A complete application consists of:
- The online application (select the program “Screen Cultures PhD (S30PH)”)
- Statement of Purpose (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions (submitted online).
See more information on transcrips from The Graduate School.
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted online)
- Official GRE Scores: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, GRE scores are optional for all Screen Cultures applicants for 2021 admission (December 15, 2020 application deadline). Applicants who do not submit scores will receive the fullest consideration and will be in no way disadvantaged in the admissions process. For those who still opt to submit scores, the Educational Testing Service will send official results directly to Northwestern University’s Graduate School. Please use institution code 1565.
- Writing Sample (no specific page limit, under 30 preferred, submitted online)
- International applicants are required to take the TOEFL exam.
General information on graduate study at Northwestern University is available from The Graduate School. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Screen Cultures Program Assistant, Dawn Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.