Applications and all supporting documents must be received by December 15th.
A complete application consists of:
- The online application (select the program “Screen Cultures PhD (S30PH)”)
- Statement of Purpose (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions (submitted online).
See more information on transcrips from The Graduate School.
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted online)
- Official GRE scores (must be submitted by ETS, see instructions below)
*Submit your GRE Scores through ETS to The Graduate School (code: 1565 is all that is required)*
- Writing Sample (no specific page limit, under 30 preferred, submitted online)
- International applicants are required to take the TOEFL exam.
General information on graduate study at Northwestern University is available from The Graduate School. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Screen Cultures Program Assistant, Dawn Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.