Applications and all supporting documents must be received by December 15th.
A complete application consists of:
- The online application (select the program “Screen Cultures PhD (S30PH)”)
- Statement of Purpose (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions (submitted online).
See more information on transcrips from The Graduate School.
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted online)
- Writing Sample (no specific page limit, under 30 preferred, submitted online)
- International applicants are required to take the TOEFL exam.
*The Screen Cultures program no longer requires GRE scores from applicants.
General information on graduate study at Northwestern University is available from The Graduate School. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Screen Cultures Program Assistant, Dawn Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.